2020 will probably go down as a year to forget. Can’t you just see the scowls on all the uber-rich people’s faces in 10 years when the waiter comes out with his finest vintage Chauvignon Blanc cerca 2020? “2020 - that was a bad year” someone genius will chirp nasally and all heads will bob up and down in unison at this bit of commonly accepted wisdom...
One good thing that will definitely come out of all of this chaos is that we will all place higher priority on doing whatever we can to keep our natural immunity as high as possible.
If it hasn’t been beaten into our psyche enough, we are all pretty aware of the need to keep the economy running by purchasing obscene amounts of hand sanitizer and spreading it all over our hand, homes, and workspaces.
But we also need to stick to the basics. Check out our 3 Immunity Boosting Not-So-Secret Secrets to make sure you’re ready for whatever comes your way!
All bodies, shapes, and sizes are welcome at Oasis. You don't need special clothes or special abilities to practice yoga. If you have never been to our center before, here are some helpful suggestions.
Guidelines For Practice:
Working Your "Edge":
Yoga can be more strenuous than people. To practice safely, it is important to understand that yoga is non-competitive and that you should advance only as your body is ready. Please listen to and respect your body's sensations.
To progress in yoga, we work our "Edge". Our edge means feeling strong sensation but never pain! As areas of your body begin to open and strengthen, you may feel heat or mild discomfort in your muscles, this is okay.
But, if either of the following happens in your yoga practice, you need to back off immediately:
therapeutic and provide many health benefits, but there are some yoga poses that are not appropriate for certain people. As with any health program, if you have any medical concerns you should consult with your doctor and find out limitations you may have in your yoga practice. Please inform us if you have any injuries or health issues. While we will provide you with key alignment principles
According to the American Cancer Society, more than 2 million people are diagnosed with skin cancer in the United States each year. There are more than 2,000 over-the-counter sunscreen formulas on the market today. How can you tell which sunscreens are the safest, most effective, and represent the best value for your money? In most cases, the answer comes down to the difference between the two types of filtering ingredients.
CHEMICAL or PHYSICAL? The UV radiation in sunlight consists of UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C rays. UV-A and UV-B are both responsible for photoaging, skin cancer, sunburn, tanning, and wrinkling. UV-C is not a factor in skin health, as it is absorbed by the Earth's atmosphere and does not reach us in significant amounts. Broad-spectrum sunscreen protects against both UV-A and UV-B. This protection can work in one of two ways: chemical or physical.
We are proclaiming the first week of August is "Simplify Your Life Week". So here are some things you can do this week to make life a little easier. Lawd knows we need it right now!
1. TO DO LISTS: Often we feel the most overwhelmed by our to-do lists. They sit in the back of our mind and drain our energy. A valuable exercise to eliminate this feeling of overwhelm is to write down everything you want to get done. Writing them down has the psychological impact of getting it out of your head and this will immediately help you feel less stressed. Then pick 1-2 items that you can accomplish without much effort and complete them. Then physically cross them off the list. You will feel a sense of accomplishment. Continue working through your list, a little at a time.
2. CLEAN OUT YOUR EMAIL INBOX: If you have unread messages, delete them or mark them as read, anything older than 30 days. If you haven’t read them in the last 30 days, they probably are not important. Go through the remaining unread emails and unsubscribe from any providers you no longer wish to receive emails from. Set aside one hour for this task. Having a clean inbox will immediately make you feel less anxiety!
3. CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSET: Go through your clothes and get rid of anything you no longer wear and donate them to a local charity. It will feel great to have a clean closet and those less fortunate will be grateful for the clothing. Be sure to get a receipt from the charity organization if you itemize your taxes.
4. ELIMINATE THE EXTRAS: Carve out one hour this week to spend time reflecting on what is most important to you and what you can eliminate from your life, or ask for help accomplishing. We often take on too many tasks because many of us find it hard to say no.
Once you have spent time reflecting, make three lists. The first list should be what needs to be done that you enjoy doing. The second list should be what needs to be done that you don’t enjoy doing. The third list should be things that don’t need to be done. Keep the first list for yourself. Recruit help on accomplishing the second list and eliminate the third list!
5. ME TIME: Often we feel stressed and overwhelmed because we feel like there are so many things to get done that we don’t take any down time for ourselves. It is very important to carve out some “me time”. Here are some suggestions on things you can do: watch a favorite movie, take a walk around your neighborhood, call an old friend, take a long bath, schedule a massage. By taking time for yourself, you are creating the space to continue giving to those around you.
We can help with #5, let us serve you. Book Your Appointment here.
HydroDermabrasion Treatment: Exfoliate Extract and Infuse
The Hydroexfoliator is a hydro technology machine that exfoliates, extracts and infuses water based serum solutions pressurized into the skin. As water is being pressurized into the skin while vacuum suction is lifting impurities and surface skin cells.
Your skin is most beautiful when it’s healthy. Hydration, nutrition, and collagen and elastin are the foundation to healthy, radiant skin. UV exposure,dehydration, stress and skin irritants, have been proven to increase signs of aging. With continued exposure over time, both men and women develop discoloration, enlarged pores, fine lines and wrinkles. The good news is that skin has the ability to regenerate and renew itself...with a little help. We have invested in the HydroExfoliation system to help restore your skin to its healthiest state by removing impurities and replenishing your skin with essential nutrients and hydration.
What is a HydroDermabrasion or Hydro Exfoliation?
A HydroExfoilation or HydroDermabrasion is a Wet Microdermabrasion treatment. This non-invasive procedure utilizes hydro-technology to exfoliate, polish, detoxify, rehydrate and replenish your skin. It delivers immediate results without discomfort, irritation, or downtime. This multi-step procedure incorporates all the things you love about an Oasis Facial with the power of water exfoliation using the Hydro-Derm Tip that has an abrasive edge which gently exfoliates and buffs the skin with each pass. The Hydro-Extraction Tip has a unique spiral design that creates a vortex which is effective in dislodging blackheads and flushing impurities to deep clean pores. Water Based Treatment serums that contain vitamins, antioxidants and anti-aging peptides are then massaged into the skin. Due to the supreme level of exfoliation, your treatment serums readily absorb into the skin, healing your skin from the inside out.
This rejuvenating exfoliation treatment is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating and delivers immediate results without downtime.
Call or text us at 618-207-44040 to Request to add this treatment to any Oasis Service for an additional cost of $25.00.
I am an esthetician. spa owner, wife & mom that has a love affair with Skincare & Wellness.