If it's your first time waxing, we recommend getting a professional waxing treatment.
Home based wax products aren’t usually the best, and certainly, leave more room for error.
It's best to choose a professional whose appearance is neat and clean - it'll reflect in their service. Now that you’ve found a professional that is licensed and insured and have made an appointment; there are a few things you need to do before hand.
Our skin has to fight off a mountain of enemies each and every day.
Depending on where you live, it may have to defend you against:
And this list is clearly just a small sample of what our skin successfully deals with every day. So it’s no wonder that our skin often suffers free radical damage in the skin cells and DNA. It is under constant attack.
Which do you think of first in your skin care regimen each day?
But water is our most abundant bodily molecule making up about 60% of a person’s weight. It is also the driver that ensures that our waste removal system can do its job properly. But did you know that 80% of the H2O in your body is dedicated in some way to your skin?
Here are our Top 5 Tips to Drink more water this year.
1) Make it Easy - The more accessible the easier it will be for you. Let's be honest, if you come home do ALL THE THINGS and finally get to sit down and rest for a moment, there is NO way you will then get back up, go to the kitchen and get a glass of water. So, put bottled water all-around your home. In the Cook house, my neat freak of a lover hates to see my half-empty bottles all over the house, but guess who isn't dehydrated....This girl! And, eventually, I do make my rounds and finish them all off, just in my own time.
2) Do a Hard Reset - Drink NOTHING but water for two weeks straight. This will 1) Flush you of stagnant recycled fluids that your dehydrated body has been retaining while it has been in its water starvation mode....yes you pee a lot 2) It will also reset the little thirst glands at the back of your throat to crave water all the time, you will feel like you cannot get enough, in turn making it much easier to consume more...and yes you will pee alot🚽
3) Set a Reminder - As the Netflix documentary so elegantly put it, "we have been trained". We have been trained to obey our tiny little computers in our pockets. In addition to using it to remind us that our friend posted some funny video, we can also use it to reminder us to take a sip. Set yourself a water reminder for once an hour during your regular work day, when you get the "buzz" take a sip.
4) Do it On Schedule - Sometime you just can't take a bathroom break just whenever nature calls, ie nurses and teacher :) so rather than trying to drink water during your work day, drink a BIG gulp first thing in the morning and right when you walk in the door after work. Doing so will stimulate your digestive system in the morning and right after work will make sure your system in flushed before bed to avoid those unwanted sleep interrupting potty breaks.
5) Eat your Water - So, you just hate water? That's ok, fill your day with water rich fruit and veggies, celery, watermelon, blueberries and grapes are about 87% water so if you have 80z of blue berries you can count about 6oz of water in your hydration consumption for the day.
Do we really need to convince you to eat chocolate? No, for most of us the worry is more about what to do to put the brakes on once we taste that fateful first morsel.
But self-indulgence aside, science does state that chocolate contains some agents that our bodies can absolutely use to maintain our health.
Sure, it would be better if our favorite versions of chocolate did not also come laden with fat and sugar. However, while the most natural version of chocolate (from cacau seeds) is the most healthy version for us, it is also the version we are least likely to eat.