We are proclaiming the first week of August is "Simplify Your Life Week". So here are some things you can do this week to make life a little easier. Lawd knows we need it right now!
1. TO DO LISTS: Often we feel the most overwhelmed by our to-do lists. They sit in the back of our mind and drain our energy. A valuable exercise to eliminate this feeling of overwhelm is to write down everything you want to get done. Writing them down has the psychological impact of getting it out of your head and this will immediately help you feel less stressed. Then pick 1-2 items that you can accomplish without much effort and complete them. Then physically cross them off the list. You will feel a sense of accomplishment. Continue working through your list, a little at a time.
2. CLEAN OUT YOUR EMAIL INBOX: If you have unread messages, delete them or mark them as read, anything older than 30 days. If you haven’t read them in the last 30 days, they probably are not important. Go through the remaining unread emails and unsubscribe from any providers you no longer wish to receive emails from. Set aside one hour for this task. Having a clean inbox will immediately make you feel less anxiety!
3. CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSET: Go through your clothes and get rid of anything you no longer wear and donate them to a local charity. It will feel great to have a clean closet and those less fortunate will be grateful for the clothing. Be sure to get a receipt from the charity organization if you itemize your taxes.
4. ELIMINATE THE EXTRAS: Carve out one hour this week to spend time reflecting on what is most important to you and what you can eliminate from your life, or ask for help accomplishing. We often take on too many tasks because many of us find it hard to say no.
Once you have spent time reflecting, make three lists. The first list should be what needs to be done that you enjoy doing. The second list should be what needs to be done that you don’t enjoy doing. The third list should be things that don’t need to be done. Keep the first list for yourself. Recruit help on accomplishing the second list and eliminate the third list!
5. ME TIME: Often we feel stressed and overwhelmed because we feel like there are so many things to get done that we don’t take any down time for ourselves. It is very important to carve out some “me time”. Here are some suggestions on things you can do: watch a favorite movie, take a walk around your neighborhood, call an old friend, take a long bath, schedule a massage. By taking time for yourself, you are creating the space to continue giving to those around you.
We can help with #5, let us serve you. Book Your Appointment here.