Here are our Top 5 Tips to Drink more water this year.
1) Make it Easy - The more accessible the easier it will be for you. Let's be honest, if you come home do ALL THE THINGS and finally get to sit down and rest for a moment, there is NO way you will then get back up, go to the kitchen and get a glass of water. So, put bottled water all-around your home. In the Cook house, my neat freak of a lover hates to see my half-empty bottles all over the house, but guess who isn't dehydrated....This girl! And, eventually, I do make my rounds and finish them all off, just in my own time.
2) Do a Hard Reset - Drink NOTHING but water for two weeks straight. This will 1) Flush you of stagnant recycled fluids that your dehydrated body has been retaining while it has been in its water starvation mode....yes you pee a lot 2) It will also reset the little thirst glands at the back of your throat to crave water all the time, you will feel like you cannot get enough, in turn making it much easier to consume more...and yes you will pee alot🚽
3) Set a Reminder - As the Netflix documentary so elegantly put it, "we have been trained". We have been trained to obey our tiny little computers in our pockets. In addition to using it to remind us that our friend posted some funny video, we can also use it to reminder us to take a sip. Set yourself a water reminder for once an hour during your regular work day, when you get the "buzz" take a sip.
4) Do it On Schedule - Sometime you just can't take a bathroom break just whenever nature calls, ie nurses and teacher :) so rather than trying to drink water during your work day, drink a BIG gulp first thing in the morning and right when you walk in the door after work. Doing so will stimulate your digestive system in the morning and right after work will make sure your system in flushed before bed to avoid those unwanted sleep interrupting potty breaks.
5) Eat your Water - So, you just hate water? That's ok, fill your day with water rich fruit and veggies, celery, watermelon, blueberries and grapes are about 87% water so if you have 80z of blue berries you can count about 6oz of water in your hydration consumption for the day.
I am an esthetician. spa owner, wife & mom that has a love affair with Skincare & Wellness.
Oasis Skin & Wellness Clinic Inc.
707 Walnut St
Murphysboro, IL 62966
Call or Text (618) 207 - 4404
Subscribe to our Leading Lady Newsletter today and receive exclusive offers and updates on "The Oasis Happenings" and helpful tips to improve your skin.